Thursday, January 18, 2007

Thomas B. Cooper meets Wikipedia

Many times while waiting for the Socastee swing bridge to open and close, I have wondered about the history of this old building.

One day I stopped and read this sign.

I googled "Socastee Historic District" on the Internet and found more information from the SC Dept of Archives and History. The old building was the Thomas B. Cooper store dating to 1905.

Enter Wikipedia: My son, Robert, has been editing articles for Wikipedia and thought that I should too. If you are not familiar with Wikipedia, check out this description. I checked and there was no entry for the Socastee Historic District in Wikipedia but now there is. Check out my first Wikipedia article (click here). It still needs more information and I plan to visit the Conway public library and Horry County Museum in the near future.

I have also added an article for Atalaya castle and have ideas for several more.
What I like about this is I can use my love of photography, history and computers.

No comments: