Saturday, August 19, 2006

Hurricane Roller Coaster

Statistics
Height - 105 feet
Length - 3693 feet
Max speed - 55 mph
Turns - 14
G-Force - 3 Gs
Duration - 2 minutes
Last ride - Sept. 30 at 8 pm


This is the last summer for the Myrtle Beach Pavilion. I decided to ride the Hurricane roller coaster one last time and record a video. As the cars climbed the big hill for initial drop I had second thoughts, but it was too late. The first drop started what seemed like an endless series of bumps and shakes that seem to last longer than two minutes.
3 Gs, no wonder my camera work was a little shaky.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun! Watching this actually made me laugh out loud!! I would've liked to have been your assistant director for this clip!

:) Shannon

Anonymous said...

I never rode it, but this was thrill enough for me! Nell

Anonymous said...

WOW! While looking for a spectacular view of the ocean, I caught one of a pair of shorts and some white legs. Too much fun--and how do you know it was 3Gs. Thanks for the ride! Jeanne